Baby...and more snow in St. Peter

This is my new nephew, Ezra Maurice. He was born yesterday. So weird to see my brother's face on a baby!
We're getting more snow. There's probably about 3 inches on the ground now and it's still coming down. It's that pretty, light snow so it wasn't hard to move off the sidewalk. The only thing I don't like about it is that my truck is terrible on snow so I'm trapped unless one of my friends takes pity and comes to get me. I hate to even drive it into the driveway. I think I'll pay it off and get something that I can drive in the winter.
Bert went to the dog doctor yesterday. All the usual stuff plus the complete blood panel cost 250 dollars. Bert has a complete blood panel done yearly. They like to go through it minute detail by minute detail. I try not to look bored but really. He has a heart murmur that is getting worse so they want to do a chest x-ray and possibly prescribe medicine that will make him pee more. (See previous posts regarding the Christmas tree skirt.) I don't think this will happen. They want to clean his teeth. He's a dog that eats poop and it seems kind of counter-productive (ironic?) to clean his teeth. I asked Regis if he informed them of Bert's proclivity for eating feces and he said no, Bert had been licking the face of the technician during the exam so he didn't think that would be prudent. I asked the vet once if there was anything we could do about that. She said you can buy some stuff to sprinkle on the poop that will make it taste bad. Long pause. There's some irony for you. Why do you have to feel guilty about not providing better health care for your dog than you do for yourself?
Not much else new around here.

Teresa

Comments

Karen1 from be said…
I can't stop laughing over this one. Now Fred wants to know what I 'm laughing about.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff