Cold January Night

I haven't noticed the days getting longer although I suppose they have. It's still very dark in the morning and not much lighter when I get in the car to go to work. I'm going to see my doctor on Friday to see if she'll prescribe a trip to Jamaica for medicinal purposes. That should fly, eh? We can't seem to win the lottery and I apparently did not choose a career that is going to provide me a lifestyle to which I would like to become accustomed.

Just kidding about all of that. I really love the long, dark, cold nights.

Regis worked last weekend and I did household chores so there isn't much exciting here in St. Peter after we celebrated Ella's birthday. We have a couple busy nights lined up...tomorrow night at the DFL office (I think they're planning big stuff already), Friday night babysitting the little girl, and Saturday night at the Bothy.

I finished reading The Worst Hard Times. It was not an uplifting book unless I suppose you consider that these are stories of the people who survived the dust bowl. The descriptions of the dust storms were amazing and frightening. We should maybe take a lesson from stories like this when we start drilling in Alaska and driving big SUV's. There's a price for that kind of stuff.

Well, that's enough serious crap. Regis and I have been watching The Dog Whisperer and learning how to manage our dogs. Well, manage our dogs better than we always have. It does work but they sure are persistent, those dogs. When Cesar says you have to do it a hundred times, he seems to mean it. Last week we watched the episode with the family of the author of Marley and Me, John Grogan. His dog ate small animals. My favorite quote came from Mrs. Grogan. "It's hard to look at your dog in the same way when he has just eaten one of your pets." By the end of the show, the dog was competing in field trials, although it probably took longer than that in real life. : )

Moving on for tonight...
Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff