Happy New Year! Happy Birthday, Ella!

This is the front yard this afternoon...two hours of snow clean-up last night cleared the sidewalks and we got both vehicles moved into the driveway. It's a gorgeous sun-filled day!
This is the western sky this morning about 7 a.m. It was pink and purple opal-like colors and I was afraid it wouldn't show up on the photo but this is what it looked liked. What a pretty morning after the last week of dreary rain.

New Year's Eve was quiet for all our plans. With Ella sick and all the snow, we cleaned up the yard then ate dinner and watched Great Performances on PBS. I was expecting a Prairie Home Companion format...not Vince Gill and Garrison Keillor shopping for the ingredients for peanut butter fudge. Lame. When they finally started the show, it was great. Lots of good blue grass music...but by then we were tired so we taped it. I finished watching it this morning.

My last day of vacation and I have wallowed in it. I went back to bed this morning after Regis left for work, then sat in my robe until 2:00. A neighbor came to borrow the snowblower and I was a little embarassed. Tomorrow is back to the salt mines. Ugh.

Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff