Ella came over to play

Ella gave Popop directions for picture taking. She calls him Popoprazzi. Don't you love her gold shoes? We read lots of books and played with the tea pot and measuring cups. She's coming back Tuesday after school to see us.

This is the little table and chair I bought in Mankato yesterday. I couldn't resist it...I thought it would be perfect on the new patio and it is.

Here she is chasing around the tree with Uncle. I think they were playing hide and seek and her dad snuck back into the house for some peace and quiet. We didn't get any pictures of Alex this time but he was a good baby and was content to eat and sleep.


Even though it was too cold to sit on the patio, Regis hauled the grill out for the first barbecue of the season. We just made hot dogs and burgers. He bought himself a little smoker attachment for it and wants to try that this week. I made an enchilada casserole with chicken and tofu for myself...and now have left-overs for 45 meals. Nobody else was interested. Guess it's the tofu thing.

It was a three-nap weekend and all the naps were great sleep. This afternoon, I slept for about an hour with a complex dream. As I woke up, I was trying to park the VW in my dream and I was so sleepy I couldn't stay awake to finish parking...then I woke up. It's like traveling between states of consciousness. I love naps and have only started taking them again since my surgery. I imagine the need will pass eventually but they are so pleasant...crawling into bed in the dark and cool of an afternoon to read for a while and drift off to sleep. What could be better than that?

Regis and I went grocery shopping this morning and it was so cold I wished I had mittens on. We went to the tent sale at HyVee and honestly, the poor girl running the till did (have mittens on). Every time I think it's safe to put my winter clothes away, we get a day like this. It's great weather for spring flowers though...like they're refrigerated every night.

Well, that's it for the weekend. On to Monday. I see on accuweather there are high wind warnings for several days this week. Lovely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff