getting organized and reclaiming my kitchen

I've been up since 6. I paid bills, looked through recipes to plan a menu for the next few weeks, organized my food records, and made a grocery list. Since my surgery, I haven't spent much time in the kitchen and it shows. Today I am reclaiming my turf, cleaning up the counters, and figuring out what goes on in there.

It was raining when we woke up so that means we can get some inside jobs done. Regis has the smoker going and the pork butt and beef brisket ready to go. This is an all day job so he's hoping the rain ends. I have a puny piece of tilapia that will take about 2 minutes to grill.

I have 35 bags of mulch piled up under the tree. When Glen looked at it, he said we're going to need more. Peter worked last night but I told him when he gets up, he can help me spread it out. It's hard on the back...a job that needs youth.

We've been busy all day. Here is the evidence...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff