today



I had my coffee on the patio this morning and got the happy notion to spread the remaining 25 bags of mulch. Once that was done, I decided to plant the two dozen impatiens under the apple tree.

Here's another slide show of my garden. You can see that I have an affinity for yard art. I think the George Bush flower pots (empty for a reason) have been published here before. The gnats have been atrocious this weekend. They leave big bloody spots on your scalp where they bite and die. It's gross.

This afternoon we went on a road trip with Tom and Betty. We intended to go to Lexington, where we've enjoyed a dinner the last few Memorial Days. Today there was a sign on the door that the kitchen was closed. They said the cook got sick of the whole mess and abandoned the ship. So, down the road we went.

We passed a joint in Heidelberg but it looked more bar than restaurant so we went on to New Prague to eat at the Fishtale Grill. What a nice menu. We had some deep fried green beans with a chipotle pepper sauce. Tom had brats and Betty and Regis had pork and kraut. The service was great and we had a good time.

On the way home, we stopped at Union Hill which is definitely more bar than restaurant but there were lots of people we recognized in there. How do they end up in a place like that on a holiday afternoon? As far as we could see, there was a bar and a cemetery in the town. That's it. We had the waitress take our picture but it's on Tom's camera so I have to wait until he emails it.

Tom and Betty came to see the patio and to have a piece of rhubarb custard pie before I took them home. We bought Powerball tickets at Union Hill. Oh yes. Feeling lucky. I have the details etched in mind in case we win so we can tell the story.

I'm taking a break from swimming for a while so I can be awake during the hours of daylight more. When I get up at 4:30 and go swimming at 5, I get tired early in the evening and miss the best part of the night. I think I'm going to start riding my bike to work...if Regis will give me a lift to the top of the hill.

So, there you have it. A wonderful weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Teresa, Your garden looks lovely!!
Sherry

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff