saturday cooking

I worked on my menu for the week and my grocery list this morning. Cooking sort of fell apart this last week so I needed to get in the kitchen, clean out the refrigerator, and start fresh. I like to cook on the weekends so we have good, healthy food for the week.

This is an egg bake made with cottage cheese and shredded cheese. I put a little bacon in it this time, too, and some fresh salsa so it has a bite.


These are pancakes made with oatmeal and cottage cheese and lots of eggs. I don't know why they turn out differently each time I make them, but they do. They're really dense this time so I will probably cut them into quarters and package them like that. I like to take them to work for a mid-morning snack.


These are muffins I make with almond meal, flax meal, and oatmeal. They also have dried blueberries, walnuts, eggs, and yogurt in them. The recipe calls for artificial sweetener but I don't like the taste of that so I leave it out.

I'll never get a job as a food photographer!

The wind is howling today. Wind is my least favorite weather event. I can understand why people who lived in log cabins went crazy in the winter when the wind blew. I can hardly stand it.

I got an email from my cousin, Cindy, this morning. She is a flight attendant for Delta and was in the airport at Narita when the earthquake struck Japan. They were done loading the plane so after a bit of a delay they were allowed to leave since they wouldn't even be able to get back into the airport. There was a lot of what she described as violent turbulence and they were jostled mightily but an airplane is built to withstand a lot of shaking. She said that people were not upset because they had no way of knowing how awful the destruction was yet.

Regis is trying to make a wireless printer work. Good luck with that.

I'm going to do dishes and then take a nap. I'd like to exercise this afternoon but we'll see how that goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff