i wrote this in my head but now it's gone...

Regis and I went over to meet with the surgeon this afternoon. He said the margins, between tumor and healthy tissue, are fine and there is no need for more surgery. The tumor is negative for HER2 and postivie for both hormone receptors. That means basically, I have a lazy tumor. I would expect as much. He said the oncologist will likely recommend (he may have said "offer") chemotherapy as well as radiation but it sounds much more positive than the picture I was getting on Friday when the PA made it sound horrible. He said no, it does not look horrible. He likes the oncologist I'll be seeing, he gave me his email address, and said I should come in anytime there is something I need to know or don't understand. He also cautioned me about reading things on the internet, something I have discovered on my own. I still have the drain but that should come out Wednesday.

Fireworks! Champagne! Celebrate!




Comments

Anonymous said…
What a better and more uplifting report! Maybe you should ask the med onc if you could run wine or champagne through your veins instead of chemo drugs. Seems to me that would be more fun!
Old neighbor and friend Deb
mom said…
Great news. I am so happy for all of us. You are so important to our family and we need you. I toast to your health. Love you, Mom
Anonymous said…
Good NEWS! HER2 and negatives is NOT fun..Greeting from Norway! Jørn

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff