Middle of the night

It's 4:02 a.m. I've been awake since 2:30 and I just read yesterday's post and noticed the apostrophe in its. I had to sign on and delete it because that kind of things bothers me at this hour. I don't know what woke me up...could have been the wind which is howling. Could have been the banging door of the closet of anxieties. Why does all that crap wander into your mind in the middle of the night? Soon it won't be worth trying to go back to sleep which means by about 10, I'll need a nap. They frown on that when you're at work.

I don't know why sleep gets so unpredictable when you get older. I remember sleeping for 12 hours when I was younger and barely moving all night. Now, the slightest thing wakes me up and no matter what time I go to bed, I wake up at 5. Or 2:30. This would be easier if I didn't have to work, you realize.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Teresa,
Sorry to hear you woke up so dang early... Next time come on over to Owatonna and hang out with us. Miles likes to be awake at 2:30am, too! I'm sure he'd enjoy a playmate at that hour.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff