my doctor rocks

I had an appointment with Dr. Deaconson this morning. He's a saint and he rocks. He is so calm and reassuring and even though he was going to be on vacation next week, he is coming in Monday to do my surgery. He said his gestalt is that this is early and the outlook is good. He will do a lumpectomy with some exploration of the lymph nodes to see if it has traveled. I will have radiation because that will help ensure that cancer cells have not strayed from the one site and stirred up an unwanted ruckus. I''ll be in the hospital overnight if all goes well.

All the pre-op stuff is done.Chest x-ray, blood work, EKG, medical history. I don't know why I always feel compelled to confess to smoking for one day when I was in college. The PA said the statute of limitations has run out on that sin and I can erase it from my card. I feel so much better except that I have a headache and I'm tired.

I think I'm going out to sit in the sun.

“Tell me what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”- Mary Oliver

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Teresa:
I’m very surprise and happy that the surgery is so immediately! Since you let us know about it. I hope and pray it will be easy, quick and the doctor will be able to take all out. I really didn’t understand many of the medical words (but I will look for them). I wish you a fast recovery; I will be thinking of you Praying and sending you Good Vibes!
I wish you the best! For now I send you my Love, lots of kisses and (((Hugs))), xoxo
Diana K. (Di Keller/Di@na)

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff