I have not fallen off the planet

It's been a while since I've written. I think my last post, or close to the last, was the one where I had been sleeping about three hours a night and was goofy. The gray faced men were marching around my bed chanting all my unreasonable fears. I am better now.

So many wonderful things have happened in the past couple weeks. Here is a pictorial run-down.


Art class and Billy and Ron on the patio at Lone Star


Flowers downtown Mankato


Livestrong pals after the 5K. My inspiration.


High fives all around!


Dance walking across the finish line, of course.


More music on the patio. Kit Kildahl and Steve Vanderhaar.


Regis and Gus on the 5K


Ella on the pontoon


Emily and Ella


Klobassa's eat on the dock


Alex and Elliot at Madison Lake


Lots of good chow!


Pontoon parade!


A rose from Nancy and a beautiful sunrise at TRAM


$15,000 dollar bike. No shit. And the guy didn't have a lock for it. Met a guy who is 90 and has ridden in the TRAM for years. He rode 70 miles the day I saw him. Wow.


TRAM riders just waking up.


Helena and Katie had the best coffee and scones.

So, there you have it. A few of the events from the past week or so. Lots of sweet moments and more to come. I am feeling better, stronger, and more optimistic than I have in a long time. Tomorrow is alumni day at Livestrong. Next week is graduation day and it will be very hard to say goodbye to these folks. They have found a special place in my heart.

Karen, I know it's my turn to write a long email. I hope you are doing well. I have my oncology check-up in August but I will be in touch before that. I seem to be needing lots of sleep lately.

We have had our first heat advisory of the summer. I think this is getting to be a bit like blizzard warnings. I went out in my flannel nightgown to move the sprinklers and didn't even work up a sweat. Haha!

All those little ideas I gleaned from Pinterest for the party...not many of those worked out. I would say most didn't work out. I procrastinated until the very end so I'm lucky I pulled a meal together.

Onward and upward. Life is good. Very good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff