We love spring!

Here's the lawn chair we were using last week when the temperature was 80 degrees. This morning it was snowing and 22 degrees with a windchill that made it feel like two degrees below zero. Your exposed skin would freeze in ten minutes making walking from the parking lot to your office a dangerous venture. It makes you weary. The last two nights I've gone to bed before 8:30 and slept all night. Last night it sounded like the damn roof was going to lift off the house. Bert is deaf as a post but he senses big wind so he was agitated all night and got up and down off the bed, scratched at the door to get in, then out, and generally drove us crazy.

I made potato krub for dinner. Krub is a Norwegian potato dumpling that turns kind of gray and doughy-looking when it's cooked in water that turns into wallpaper paste. Regis likes it, although he had no experience with it as a child which leads him to ask questions like, "What are you going to have with it?". "Butter," I said. You wouldn't want to complicate a meal like this with a vegetable or protein. This is a super-concentrated carbohydrate meal that will help you survive a blizzard in April. See paragraph one above.

There is something kind of surreal about extreme weather changes like this. A week ago it was 80 and sunny and we were cooking on the BBQ grill. Today I needed a winter jacket and a gloves. What the hell. It's like being slammed back into November. I feel like I should be cooking meatloaf and baked potatoes but I have a taste for burgers and margaritas. I need wool socks but the sandals felt so good and my toes want to be liberated from my shoes. What next?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi TERESA,
I read your most recent blog entries from top to bottom instead of from bottom to top. It was like watching the Seinfeld wedding in India episode. Now that I think about it, I also read Newsweek from back to front. I wonder why?
Jill
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry but I don't think an Irish Catholic girl could eat Krub- or whatever you call it- and I thought the Irish cooked ugly food! Joanne
Karen1 from be said…
I can't stop laughing about the krub and butter comment. I love getting to laugh out loud. I'm supposed to be working today, but nothing is going on, so essentially, I'm reading your blog and laughing out loud while I wait for something to break!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff