Air you can wear

One of the local weather folks said that and it seems apropos today. (I looked apropos up on m-w.com and it seems like I used it correctly. I was unsure, not being bi-lingual.) The temperature is 86 and the dew point is 75. That's dang humid.

Kramer and I are inside in the AC tonight while Regis attends Transformers with the men from the neighborhood. They said it was a mandate...or a man date. Not sure which. When they talked about going, all the women wrinkled their noses.

I have a terrible hunger for Special K bars. I swear I can almost taste them. It must be like a olfactory hallucination unless their is a name for an hallucination related to taste. Doctors in the audience? Peter has to go to the orthopedic doc tomorrow to have his wrist checked and to have a cast put on his owie. I'll ask there. Peter will be mortified. I called him this morning at 9 to tell him it was a really bad idea to move to a place in the country. I added the disclaimer that he probably didn't want my advice and I knew that. He was incredulous. "You called me at 9 o'clock in the morning to tell me that?" I'm not sure he was more surprised by the fact that I called at that hour or that apparently I had been thinking about it overnight.

Regis gave me one of his RX allergy pills last night (felony) and that did the trick. Headache...gone. Post-nasal drip...gone. Fuzzy head...gone. Better living through chemicals.

I discovered a nice white wine at MGM, not the high-falutin' whine shop in Mankato. It's a sauvignon blanc and it's very tasty. By a company called Barefoot Cellars. Very cheap, too, at less than six bucks a bottle. They claim more gold medals than any other wine in their price category! and NEW UPSCALE IMAGE! Well, there's something to brag about, I guess. Maybe it's Boone's Farm in a new bottle. Oh horrors.

Comments

deb said…
Did you mean Special K bars? Mr. Butler made some at the cabin in Siren and they were wonderful. Always a very popular item....even breakfast since they ARE cereal.

Peter is moving to the country?

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff