July 11

I missed posting yesterday. It was so hot in the afternoon, I pulled the curtains closed and watched the movie Elizabeth. I liked it but I did have to peer through my fingers a couple times because they seemed fond of lopping off of heads in those days. Good movie, though...lots of historical intrigue.

After dinner, Regis convinced me to try the yard for a while. I thought it would be too hot but it was pleasant. From my lawn chair, I could see the tops of five or six trees in the neighborhood. I bet I saw a dozen orioles...or the same few orioles multiple times. I brought out the binoculars and tried to spot a nest but they must hide those pretty well. There were at least two adults and two juveniles, who I think are yellow and not orange. Maybe the yellow ones are just a different variety of the orange ones.

Looks like storms here again this afternoon, Miles. Take your umbrella to work. Yesterday, we only got a few minutes of strong winds. No rain, no hail, no damage unlike what they had in places north of here. We could use some rain but not that other stuff. I haven't had to go to the basement once yet this year so that's a good sign.

We like to grill in the summer but I don't have much imagination when it comes to vegetables so I bought a couple new cookbooks: The New Vegetarian Grill and The Complete Book of Vegetarian Grilling. I should try one new dish a week.



Regis went outside and took some pictures of my garden during his lunch period. Bless his heart. I can't find the pictures of the night we lit the candles. What a surprise. I lost a lot of stuff in the transition from mac to HP. My fault for not understanding. I thought if it was one place, it was there but apparently not true. It has to be here AND there or it disappears completely. I lost a lot of writing which causes me more angst than the pictures but what the hell that's life so I try not to think about it.

Comments

Jill said…
Nice garden pictures. I love it when you put pictures of your flowers on your blog. I looked back at some of your old blogs to try to find a picture of when you put candles in the garden because I swear you wrote about it, but I must have been imagining it.
Jill said…
PS I had to chuckle about Regis having a 'lunch period'. I can picture him sitting down at the table for lunch, then going out to play in the yard until it's time to get back to work. Do you have a lunchroom assistant who comes in each day to let him know when he is dismissed? haha

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff