short-takes

Regis and I are having a glass of gewurtztrameiner tonight to celebrate $3.09 gallon of gas.

It rained here most of the day. Nice gentle rain.

Rich and Kim had a baby boy Sunday: Jens Jameson. Nice name. After an Irish whiskey, I think.

Larry Butler's brother Sonny died Sunday. That's the circle of life. Jens comes in and Sonny goes out. A happy life to Jens and sweet passage to Sonny.

Regis and Young Regis got the trees trimmed and some of the leaves raked this weekend. Bless their hearts.

I can't do a damn thing without weeping. I called my mom this afternoon to tell her thanks for giving me a good start in life and I could hardly talk for weeping. Maybe it's genetic but it's frustrating.

We're going to watch the debate. I love Tom Brokaw but I miss Tim Russert. Interesting town hall format. Uncommitted voters? How the hell can a voter be uncommitted? This just makes my head hurt.

Regis took the dog for a walk. He's a devoted walker and Kramer appreciates it. I wear my pedometer and try to add a few steps here and there but by this time at night, I'm whooped.

That's all for tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff