thinking

Regis cautioned me, gently, the other day to watch myself for signs of big headedness. With all the attention from the half marathon and a couple of very nice things that have happened as a result, he said it is possible to become too full of one's self. To think that a guy is all that, I guess.

I wasn't offended at all because I know he has my very best interests at heart. He has been my greatest supporter and champion and coach through all the days of pre-surgery, weight loss, exercise, and dietary changes. So, when he suggested this to me, I spent a couple days thinking about it. What have I been feeling?

Mostly I feel gratitude for this chance. I feel overwhelming gratitude for the medical expertise of the doctors at the Mayo Clinic for helping me finally beat down the weight monster. I feel grateful to all my friends and family and the online support group I belong to for cheering me on and for holding me up on dark days. I am grateful to Rachel and the other ladies at the Pulse for teaching me that exercise can be a force for good in my life. I even feel grateful to the naysayers, who all along the way, have forced me to examine my motives and to articulate my reasons for making these changes in my life.

I can't find a way to say how touched I am by all of this. Maybe it's part of the gratitude. It's been a wonderful adventure. I will be vigilant regarding the big head, and I will be forever grateful for the chance to do these things I never dreamed I could do.

Comments

jill said…
You deserve the nice things that have come your way, Teresa.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff