mending and metaphors for life


I found this in a middle of the night on an internet ramble. I thought it was apropos of my mental and physical healing these past months. Mary says this is a metaphor for life...the adversity we experience makes us stronger. My house and garden purge is also a metaphor for life. Sweep off those dusty old mental shelves and get rid of the ghosts. Fill in the empty spaces with something nicer.

I spent about three hours in the garden yesterday, working on the area under the apple tree. I wouldn't say I got done but I made a lot of progress. All of the tall weeds and volunteer trees are gone. I need to dig out some of the lilies that need more sun. I don't have many sunny spots so I'll have to squeeze them in somewhere and move the hosta into the shade. It's a constant process.

As I worked in the garden, I tried to be mindful (thinking of nothing but me and the weeds) but I did notice that about 3 out of 4 drivers who went past were on their cell phones. Holy shit, people. Either drive OR talk. Not both. Not at the same time.

I slept a wonderful, dream filled, deep sleep last night. Probably a result of all that outdoor work.

Weather Bug told me there is no chance of rain today but then, I wonder, why it is cloudy.

I'm taking my coffee out to stroll around the garden and admire my handiwork.


Comments

Marie said…
it's cloudy and dripping -- because I made a stop at the car wash this morning. The wheels are now red again.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff