dear reader and my poetic license


Dear Reader,

Last night I posted something on my blog that was meant for another blog. I do that sometimes…cut, paste, copy bits of this and that from place to place because I am a prolific spouter of information and it can’t all be spontaneous and wonderful. I realized it this morning and took it off the place it was and put it on the place it should have been. It started me thinking.

I meant to write my annual note about my poetic license anyway so I will combine the two cautionary tales.

If you have ever thought as you read something here, that I tell too much or over-share as they call it, I would suggest that you, dear reader, over-read. I am going to write what I write so if anything makes you cringe or weep or wring your hands in despair, stop reading. It’s simple.

Also, I do have a poetic license. It comes in the mail with my driver’s license and it says I do not always have to write the truth. I do not have to label my untruths or half-truths as such. I am only obligated to let my readers know from time to time, that they should not use anything they read here in a research paper or probably not even in a legitimate news source. I only write about my observations, my perceptions, and my life through my rose-tinted glasses.

I also exaggerate, embellish, overstate, satirize, minimize, equivocate, abbreviate, and tergiversate. I do not deny it.

So, there you go. You have been warned.

Sincerely, Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff