Chicken wings and high ropes


Here's our current favorite recipe for chicken wings on the grill:

Spicy Cayenne Chicken Wings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 2-3 hours
Grilling time: 16-18 minutes

Marinade
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

16 chickn wings

In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients. Put wings in a bag and pour the marinade over them. Make sure they're all covered. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Grill over direct medium heat for 16-18 minutes, turning occasionally.

We've learned: You can leave out the paprika. It doesn't seem to really matter. Don't leave out anything else. They are delicious.


On a more humorous note, I got this email today:

Just a reminder about the team building activity on Thursday:
Meet by the garage at 8:30 A.M.
Team Building Activity 9-11 A.M. low ropes, team building, communication, trust. 11-12 P.M. high ropes options.
Wear comfortable clothes
Wear closed toe shoes-no sandals
Bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses
I will have the release forms to be signed on Thursday.

My editorial comments: You may have seen this on the Discover Channel. They put a helmet on your head, strap you into a device, and dangle your ass from ropes 40 feet in the air. First of all, I would never sign a waiver. When they drop me to the forest floor, I want to be able to sue for every penny they have. Second of all, I don't remember hearing about this ever before. I would have accused these people who planned this little event of hitting the crack pipe. There is no way I would even consider this. I am: Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

My friend Joanne says this could work out just fine... I have a better chance of breaking my neck than picking the right lottery numbers. What a cynic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff