Sunday

Don't be too impressed because I blog so often because I do it at the expense of other things like cleaning. It's a way to feel sort of productive but really not have to accomplish much. Especially with the sleeping issue, it's about the best I can do.


Regis and I made our early Sunday morning trip to HyVee. We like going at 7 because you don't have to contend with crowds. People picking up 10 dozen rolls for church can be a little annoying but not as annoying as those kiddie carts that look like firetrucks and leave a nasty mark when they clip you in the back of the heels. Who invented those things anyway? Early in the morning, we can mosey around, look at things without being rushed, and backtrack if we forget something.


Tomorrow and Tuesday we teach the safe driving for old people class. I made chicken wings and potato salad this afternoon so we can have lunches and fast dinners for a couple days. I shouldn't have used russet potatoes. They crumble and get kind of dry. Otherwise tasty.


Oh, Jill asked for a sleep update. Thursday night I took a trazodone at 9:00 and slept until 3 but it felt like better sleep. I was out of gas by afternoon but felt good all morning. Friday night I tried Manhattan therapy instead of the medication. I had a brief period of wakefulness but slept until 7. Last night, I stayed up until 10, took a trazodone, and slept until 5 this morning. Overall there is improvement.


I've decided I better give up naps for a while which is very painful because I am a champion napper. It's never disrupted my sleep before but it might be part of the problem now. I'll sit in the chair in the living room and close my eyes for ten minutes or so but I don't go to sleep.


Here's a weird recipe I want to try. I usually avoid foods with soda in them but the picture of this looked so good I have to try it. Notice the ingredient Mountain Dew. There isn't one healthy thing about this recipe, but what the hell. They show it served with ice cream on the side, too. Let's see, fat, sugar, caffeine....oh, and apples!

Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff