new cooking adventures

Regis bought banana peppers today instead of min-sweet peppers but we have a plan for the banana peppers now. These little beauties are stuffed with a mixture of cheese and chorizo sausage. Here's the recipe:


Grilled Stuffed Peppers
18 plump, short peppers to fit the roasting rack as best as possible
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 T white wine vinegar
1/3 c olive oil
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 T chopped cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper to taste

  • Cut tops from peppers and hollow out interiors removing membranes and seeds.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together minced garlic and vinegar, slowly add olive oil while whisking, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Place hollowed peppers in a glass bowl and pour marinade over them and refrigerate for two hours; to evenly distribute. 
  • Stir peppers and marinade twice during the two hours.
  • In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
  • Remove one pepper at a time from marinade and let excess oil drip back into bowl; fill each pepper using a butter knife; start by placing a small amount of stuffing all the way at the bottom of the hollowed space and then continue adding until the filling reaches the top.
  • Place filled peppers in the roasting rack and replace reserved tops on the peppers.
  • Grill over medium-high heat for 10 minutes; turn rack; check for doneness after another eight minutes. Peppers should be blistered and softened and the filling should be oozing and melty.
On another food note, the chicken was so delicious that I licked my fingers. A lot. I licked my fingers a lot. I will make that recipe again and a bonus: it was so easy. If you're sodium sensitive, it might not be the best for your health, but for the rest of us...yummmm.


This is the kind of weather that drives people into little dark bars with juke boxes that play old time country music.


Congratulations to Kris and Gus on their new grandbaby Sadie Kristine.


Get well to Mom's friend Ione. I finally got her card in the mail today.


Happy birthday to Betty back on April 25. 


Congratulations to my teacher friends who are retiring. I'm jealous.


See? Every day is something to celebrate.

Regis is watching some nasty history channel thing about WWII. As if the current news isn't bad enough, we have to review the bad shit that happened in the past? The only way I can tolerate it is to pretend that it's fiction which I wouldn't read anyway since it's about war.


I have a really bad sarcastic streak today. I'm not even going to burden anyone with it because I know...I know...that most people take the things I'm sarcastic about much more seriously than I do. I should start a blog and not give anyone the url. Hahahaha. There's an idea for you.


If a guy just keeps writing, it's amazing the crap that eventually comes out. And I mean crap.


Last year, I planted cilantro (not much of a segue there, eh?) but it died mid-summer. I think it was too cold. This summer isn't looking so good for cilantro either but I'm going to plant some anyway. We love it in Mexican cooking but the stuff you buy in the store is sort of pitiful looking and doesn't last long.


When the kids were over on Sunday, they were talking about and sharing their newest technology. I still don't really get apps but Bob had his thing read a paragraph of my blog in several different accents. We liked the British man best. Weird.


Ok. Really, I am stopping now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff