hair and snow

I learned a lesson again. I like to think that the guy who cuts my hair is an artist and I should keep my mouth shut about my kooky ideas regarding hair styles. A couple months ago, I went in for a haircut and told Patrick I thought I wanted a new do...maybe a 70's shag. Oh good grief. Being an accommodating person, he tried to do what I asked and the result, while looking good in the salon, was not something I could replicate at home. So, tonight, in four inches of new snow, Regis hauled my sorry butt back to Mankato to get my locks shorn once more. It's very short, very spiky, and just what I want.

The snow is beautiful this winter but it is getting to be a nuisance. I don't remember a winter where it just snowed constantly. Straight down, big fluffy flakes, always a new coating of an inch or two. Every time you get in the car, you have to sweep the snow off of it. Our snow blower is tucked nicely back in the garage so we're in good shape once more.

From the weather blog of Paul Douglas:


Third Snowiest Winter. As of January 7, 2011, 45.3" snow had fallen at MSP. According the gurus down at the Chanhassen office of the National Weather Service, that makes this the 3rd snowiest winter (to date), at least since 1940. There have been three 6"+ snowfalls so far this winter (Nov. 13, Dec. 3-4 and Dec. 10-11). Only the winter of 1983-84 had more 6"+ snowfalls (a total of 4 as of January 7). Three 6"+ snows ties '92, '97 and 2001. Click here to read more from the National Weather Service.
* Since November 29 we've had 30 days with at least a trace of snow in the Twin Cities. In the last decade only one winter (2005-2006 had more days with a trace or more of snow during a 40 day period).
Ah, you people who go south think you are so smart.
I've been looking up recipes for chutney, relish, and salsa tonight. Apparently they are closely related and the definition blurs when you start adding different vegetables. The "medley" I had with my tuna Saturday night was so good, I want to recreate it. It had corn, tomatoes, and asparagus and a vinegar taste. It was delicious. We'd also like to recreate the peanut butter infusion dessert. It had a thin brownie layer on the bottom, a layer of peanut butter mousse, and a dark chocolate topping. Seemed like it was made in a tiny spring form pan.
This could be it.
And I need this pan about as much as I needed those cannoli molds. That was a major kitchen disaster. Whatever you have to pay for a cannoli in a bakery, it's worth it. Kitchen gadgets. I love 'em.

Well, I'm off to bed. It was a long day and tomorrow there will surely be more snow sweeping.

Comments

Karen1 said…
Where do I start? Cannot believe the pile o' snow! Laughed so hard at the Bruce Willis/limo story and comments and I am with you on cannoli, kitchen gadgets and wanting that springform pan though, I too, have more kitchen gadgets than I have space in my kitchen, basement, garage or pouch!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff