Wednesday, October 11

I've gotten to enjoy writing this blog and I realize that I've veered from the original intent...to write about our walking adventure. There is something weird about writing, knowing that it's posted but nobody will read it. I always wondered why people would spend their time writing into cyberspace. Always room for a new experience, I guess.
I did my walking today...all on the treadmill. It was about 35 degrees here today with a very stiff wind. Most unpleasant weather. Even my hair stood on end. I put in the second disk of the first season of Grey's Anatomy. I saw Christina get pregnant...well not the actual act, George get syphillis, the chief have surgery for a tumor, and Issy and Christina do an illegal autopsy. Arrrghghghg!!!!! I could turn into one of those people who blogs about television dramas!!!!
I went to my meditation class tonight, too. I've gotten to like it, all but the yoga. I do have to practice non-judgment from time to time but I guess that's the point. I had a couple of revelations. I've been waiting for something magical to happen during the meditation. Not nirvana exactly but something close to a blissful state. I was a little frustrated that it didn't happen and thought I surely must be doing something wrong. Tonight, a doctor who has been through the class several times talked about stress. He said the point is not to reach a blissful state but to practice (they use this word a lot) to retrain your brain in new ways to react to stress. Well, that I think I can do. The bliss thing was out of my league.
Oh my God! Addison just showed up and Meredith didn't know that Derek was married.
Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff