Brrrrr!!!!!!



Our weather station said it was 11 below this morning and we had a wind chill of 35 below during the night. The dogs had to be booted out the door this morning...they aren't so dumb. Regis got in the car to drive to Rochester after listening to me remind him not to leave the car if something happens, to take a warm hat and gloves, and to take well-traveled roads. He has a cell phone so I guess he'll be fine but I don't even like to go downtown when it's this cold.

I have a full plan for today. I need to do some cleaning, then I'm going to cook and bake. I'm going to make a big pot of chili and a batch of brownies for Tom and Betty's party tomorrow. I have a project to finish, too. I bought small metal tins for my spices and I need to get them labeled and put in their baskets. I buy spices at the Coop and always have little plastic bags full of stuff with no label. It makes cooking a little risky.

My friend Mike Hazard's video called Paul Wellstone's Magic Green Schoolbus is on PBS tomorrow night at 6, so if you aren't glued to the football game, check it out. He made it with a group of kids and it's very sweet. Mike's got some other great videos about Minnesota people, Native Americans, and poets on his website: http://www.thecie.org

Anybody reading this who was fascinated by Tom and Betty's new dog Gonzo that I wrote about a month or so ago, don't run out and buy one. He's incorrigible. He walks on the tables, eats anything he can find, edible or not, jumps constantly on your lap leaving huge wads of hair, and seems to be fairly dim-witted. Betty says pugs are not intelligent dogs and that's becoming fairly plain to see although he is curious and friendly. Pugs were bred to be lap- warmers for the kings and queens so I guess they didn't have to survive in the wild. He has a darling face and he's so affectionate but I'm not sure that makes up for the general unruliness. Dog shoppers...beware the pug.

I had a dream last night that I was writing a book called The Party What Started Out as Jumping Around. The image was of cows jumping in the air and clicking their heels together. Now, that has possibility!

Teresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff