Back to normal

As normal as we get, that is. The wedding hoopla is over but I still have crates of paper plates, baskets, and miscellaneous wedding detritus (non-living particulate organic material as opposed to dissolved organic material, Larry...sounded like a chemistry thing) in the living room. The word detritus popped into my head just now. I had to google it to check the definition, and I'm sure I didn't use it exactly correctly, but where in the hell does stuff like that come from?

I had a big gig at the high school today, informing the faculty of the changes in special education law since 1965. I was very nervous because they can be a wicked audience (they've made people cry) but it went fine. The after-effect is that my joints pain me like crazy. Almost as bad as the time I did my final project for my degree and had to ask the bar tender to put my beer in a lighter glass as opposed to the giant mug. I have to do it two more times tomorrow but those elementary teachers are pussies compared to the rigorous high school teachers.

Tiffany got a job at Patrick's. It's not what she wants to do for the rest of her life but I think working in a bar toughened me up. We took her down for her interview and there were three members of the senior (not high school seniors...old geezer seniors) softball team from Southern CA there. Tom asked Tiffany what she thought about 80-year old men playing softball and she said, "I don't think about it at all." Great line. That's my girl.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff