I need a nap

Some days I just feel like a nap, but today I need one. The weather has been brutal with not only high temps, but high humidity, a dew point through the roof, and still putrid air that hangs over the valley like smog. A good day to sit in a dark bar drinking cold beer and listening to Tammy Wynette on the juke box. I should be careful what I write here; some of you will think I'm actually capable of doing that.

I took things out of the freezer to cook on the grill so now I suppose I'm committed. There's that damn dog barking again. Where's my pearl-handled Luger?

Does this feel a little disjointed? My friend Jill is gathering evidence to support my application for a Section 8 discharge. (Remember Klinger on MASH?) She can just print this post, I guess.

Comments

Jill said…
Is the photo one of your cone flowers? Beautiful! Hey, don't try to back out of the beer-and-country-music confession. It's definitely worth adding to the "I don't remember who I called" and "I managed to put in 30 minutes of time at work today" list. Stand by your claim, girl! You've got to stay strong if you want a Section 8!
Teresa Saum said…
I don't remember if it's one of the new ones or one of the old ones. They all look like hell now. I found a sliced lemon in the freezer. Does that count if I put it there?
deb said…
As I said before, see why I don't think you work full-time in the summer? I'm just jealous.
Teresa Saum said…
Trade salaries and you, too, can go home at 2:00.
Jill said…
Oops, now Deb is thinking you're a sloth. Since it was just that one time that you worked a "short day", it counts for The List but not as evidence for other purposes.

About the lemon slice: it only counts if it had been used and sucked on. Otherwise, it could be a Martha Stewart thing. Of course, you doing a Martha Stewart thing could be listworthy. I know it would make my list for that reason, if I were applying for a Section 8.
Anonymous said…
Forget about that Section 8 discharge- there are too many people in line at your job looking for a way out that can act a lot crazier than you. Have I mentioned that those voices in my head are getting louder? I am not sure I am in control of my actions anymore- I may be capable of hurting myself or anyone that thinks that your (or my) job is easy and is in any way something which would inspire jealousy. Section 8 -here I come!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff