So you think you can dance

Damn it's hot here. If I wanted to live in the desert, I'd move to Arizona. My plants are going to call the county pretty soon because I haven't watered them in two weeks and they're looking peaked. That's peak-ed, not peaked as in pointy cap. We sat outside for a while tonight to watch the birds bathe and listen to the tractor pull. Oh, the pleasures of a small town. The dust got a little thick because they just seal-coated the street.

I went to the school board meeting tonight with the new dietitian (which I have been spelling dietician) to talk about the district wellness policy. We had a well-polished routine with a three-dimensional PowerPoint. Not really...just a couple of cheesy hand-outs. My BS alarm started going off right before they got to the AYP part of the agenda so we had to leave. Whew. It was a close one. That shit is hard to get off.

Ed Lee asked us to write a 400-word guest editorial for next week's Herald. You may want to reserve your copy today as I'm sure they'll sell out fast. It's a pity that I won't get to use my photoshop skill (read: accomplice) or my well-oiled sense of humor. My talents are wasted here.

Comments

Jill said…
I have no trouble envisioning a sardonic little editorial for our fair newspaper, Teresa. I think you could accomplish a lot by throwing in acronyms that may or may not have anything to do with the topic of wellness. AYP, MCA, NCLB, MAS, PLC, NWEA/MAP, LD, HDL/LDL A&W, BS, and LOL would go a long way in enlightening local newspaper readers. And, you could add the outrage of the school board to your list of reasons you deserve a Section 8 early retirement. I've got the "Went to work at 1:00, left at 1:30" entry carefully documented. Give it a try! Haha!
Teresa Saum said…
I'm ROTFLMAO. You had me fooled with HDL/LDL there for just a minute. Thank God my mind like a steel trap sprang into gear and I got it.
Section 8 is exactly what I want. I don't think feather boas are going to get me there like they did Klinger since I dress like that all the time. The 30-minute work day might do it...keep taking notes. I'll try to pass on most of my picadillos to you for the list.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff