Talk Like a Pirate

Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Sorry it's so late and you don't get much of a chance to say arrrrghghgh or shiver me timbers or ahoy matey. I was going to copy the top ten TLAPD pick-up lines, but they're a little bawdy so you better just hit the link yourself, matey.








Last spring I must have been annoyed by all my ratty winter clothes because when the epileptics came around, I think they went out the door...my clothes not the epileptics...in a big black garbage bag. Which leaves me pretty much bereft this fall. I was tired of trying to make choices so I thought I would just go to Sears and buy five pair of black pants and be done with it. Sometimes I envy men...pants, shirt, shoes...interchangeable. Everyone I told this to laughed at me. So tonight I came home, had a glass of pinot noir and ordered a bunch of stuff from Lotus in the Moonlight...flowy weird batik things in wild colors. Yeah, that's more my style.

I think we're ready for the new refrigerator. Anybody who thinks this is a simple matter of one going out the front door and the other coming in the back door should think again. It's been a major disruption. I haven't bought groceries for two weeks because I didn't want to deal with the transfer. We've been eating difficult-to-identify stuff out of the freezer...tonight we got lucky and had pizza that we cooked on the grill a few weeks ago.

We have fruit flies in our house...but no fruit which makes me nervous. What the hell is decaying in here that would bring fruit flies? They love my wine and I have to keep a paper towel over the top of the glass so they don't drown in it. Not like I waste the wine...I just fish the fly out with my finger and go on with my business. Now there's some high class stuff.

I talked about my sleeping problems today at a meeting and half the women there said, "Call me when you're up at 2 a.m. I'm up watching HGTV or Oprah." Ha. They also said not to panic...it will pass.

Tomorrow is Thursday. The next best day to Friday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Teresa,
Just like the sleeping problems...the fruit fly problem shall also pass with time. We've been battling those little buggers lately too. Maybe they want to watch Oprah with you at 2am? Or maybe they'd be so annoyed by Oprah at 2am that they would leave your house. Never hurts to try.
Anonymous said…
Good Morning...I was looking over Jill's blog this morning and saw the link to yours. Is it all right that I'm looking? I hope so because I was touched by your poetry. You've talent, girl...! Mary O'Brien
Teresa Saum said…
Mary,
Most of the poetry you read here, I didn't write, except for the one about my dead dog Bert. I did write that one. I'm flattered that you think I'm talented though. I must have good taste at least.
Teresa

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff