The black cloud has lifted

The black cloud of my mood has lifted. I actually did some things at work today rather than staring out the window, head in hands, looking at the snow. I didn't feel sick exactly, just listless, but it lasted for three days. I had that mean streak, too, the one that made me threaten my neighbor with buckshot. It's good to feel human again but he did deserve it. Still does for that matter. Regis said he would warn him that if he blew dirt on our house again, I would kick his ass.

I finished Any Bitter Thing last night which means I am bookless except for The Last Word: The New York Times Book of Obituaries and Farewells : A Celebration of Unusual Lives and Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo. I like the obit book but I'm ready for a story. I like Richard Russo but this is a new hardcover book and very large and heavy. Since I almost always read in bed, that is a problem. If that book fell on your head, it could cause some serious brain damage. I might have to renew it until Christmas break when I can read in a vertical position.

When I came home from work, I walked into the kitchen and saw this little black thing about the size of a pencil eraser suspended in mid-air about 18 inches from the floor. I looked close and saw it was a spider dangling from a thread that came from the light. I ran to get the camera and tried to take a picture but he was fast and as I tried to focus on him, he scrambled up to the light and disappeared. I watched as I ate my pizza and he walked around the ceiling light, dropped down once or twice, then disappeared again. We have a new pet.

Peter called me today. He had walked up to church to donate blood at the Red Cross bloodmobile where his Grandma was working. He had some funny comments about the cheese sandwiches but other than that, it was a nice thing to do. On the way home, he stopped at the public library and got a library card. It tickles me that he'll be reading from the same library where I learned to love reading beside the fact that these are two things I would not have expected from him in the past. He's quite a boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff