Saturday Weather Updates for Miles

5 a.m.
Nothing coming down yet but it's early. It could start about 7 with snow. Check back often for the latest! On days like this, Miles, we make soup and bake bread and sit around in our pajamas until noon looking out the window. Maybe put up the Christmas tree (it's December today so it's ok to do it) or read a book. Nothing too productive, though. Be a lazy baby today!

7:45 a.m.
We just opened the curtains and snow is coming down in St. Peter! Tiny flakes but lots of 'em. The wind is between 8 and 10 mph. Temperature is 20 degrees. Regis says he'll take pictures throughout the day so keep checking back.
I have the sponge rising for Italian country bread and Regis is soaking barley for Scotch broth. Yuck. Don't look the recipe up. It sounds gross. I'm going to make shrimp and andouille sausage gumbo. Doesn't that sound better?

11:31 a.m.
Snow continues to fall steadily and and blow. I went to the coop (three trips for one pot of soup) and it was treacherous (There's a big word for a baby!) driving, even in town. The snow plow went by and threw up a huge plume of snow so it was hard to see. No ice here, just snow for now. Regis estimates 2-3 inches on the ground. Miles, I hear you were awake in the night. It is permissible, even encouraged, to nap on snowy days.

1:19 p.m.
The snow stopped for a short time, then resumed as pingy little ice balls. That didn't last long, however, and now we're back to big fluffy flakes. Two snow mobiles just roared by our house and the neighbor has been out shoveling already. I'd say it's snowing fairly hard...not a blizzard...more like a snow globe.

5:02 p.m.
The snow has pretty much stopped here. I'd say we got a total of about 5 inches which really isn't even enough to take pictures of. You'd feel like somebody who lived in Alabama...getting overly excited about a few inches of snow. People would make fun.
So, there's your first Minnesota blizzard, Miles. Such as it was.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, you are a great weather woman! Thanks for the frequent updates. This snow makes me a little fussy. I want to go out and play in it, but mom and dad say I'm too little and would freeze my tootsies right off. Waaaaaaaaaaaah!
Anonymous said…
Miles, I have tried to send you a weather update and have not been able to. You are very lucky baby as Teresa writes to you more than she does to me and I am her Mom.
It has stopped snowing in Canby , but I almost got stuck twice. That will teach me to stay home.
Grandma Saum.....Sometimes they call me GREAT....

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff