Bread the no-knead way

My first impression of this is not so good. You can do a search on google and find several different recipes for no-knead bread since it's all the rage. Here's one from the NY Times. The recipe I used called for 3 cups of water at 100 degrees, 1.5 T of yeast and 1.5 T of kosher salt, 6.5 cups of flour. Then, instead of kneading it, you mix it with a spoon. It says DO NOT KNEAD. What the heck. Have you ever tried to stir that much flour into that much water? It would be easier to knead it. It's rising now so we'll see how it goes. Updates along the way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My arms hurt just thinking about mixing all that flour around. Too much work. Good luck!

p.s. Miles wants me to tell you that it's -8 degrees in Owatonna right now.
Jill said…
I noticed there isn't an update about the bread. Did it grow like the spaghetti pot in Strega Nona?

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff