Work whacked at 4 p.m.

It's been a very long day and I feel a lot like this duck must feel. Padded room and straight jacket time, folks. It doesn't help that I don't sleep and it's so dang cold. I told Regis yesterday that I thought I was getting used to it because it didn't even really feel cold anymore at 12 below. Wait a minute. Today felt bitter, wicked cold. My feet were so cold that I stopped on my way to a meeting and bought a pair of fluffy white slippers with rhinestones that I can wear under my desk. A very professional look, don't you think?

When I'm awake in the middle of the night, I find new blogs to read. I started out looking for goat blogs which are few and far between. I have discovered quite a few cooking blogs. These are my favorites of the ones who write frequently. It does make you wonder what happens to the people who just quit. Did the computer crash? Did they move? Forget? Find another hobby?
The author of Tastes Like Home is a woman from Barbados and she uses a lot of interesting fruits and vegetables in her cooking. I love The Pioneer Woman. She has another blog where she writes about her life on a ranch with four kids. The story about how she met her husband is a hoot and almost made me late for work one day. They all have great photos of their food, recipes, and stories. Kitchen writing at its best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff