Low of 6 degrees tonight

That is really a crock of shit. What is with this weather? At dinner tonight, we were speculating that with the moist winter we've had, the mosquitoes ought to be about the size of horse flies. Lovely. Makes you wonder why we live here.

I remembered today about the time (this must have been pre-blog) that I went to the bathroom at Whiskey River and there was an advertisement on the back of the bathroom door for a company that printed wedding stationery. I like things to be spelled right but I'm not a freak about it, but...this place prints stationery and they spelled it stationary. Like the damn bicycle. Oh, for god's sake. I went right home and called the stationery company and gave them a hard time about the ad copy that they apparently didn't bother to read, then I called the ad company that sells space on the backs of bathroom doors and gave them a hard time about not bothering to edit the copy. What is the world coming to? Like I said, I'm not a freak but I draw the line right there. Right there.

I had a meeting today that made me stop in the middle and make that screwing motion into my right temple. You know, the one that says, "You people are making me insane." Enough said about that.

Regis is dragging some dude home with him tomorrow who will hook up his computer so he can work at home. I said thank the dude for the notice. We've been gone for three nights in a row and those trolls have been coming in during the day and messing things up. I'm sure the guy will think we live with shiftless college students or something. Oh, wait. How does this reflect on me? It doesn't. La dee da da. So there. Lots of people in the world live in houses with dirt floors and they survive just fine and my immune system is healthier than that of a person who scrubs all the time.

Regis was asked to bring a recipe for something with noodles in it to work for a cookbook. Here is our contribution:

Pomegranate Martini with Noodles

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS

* 1 box noodles, cooked

* 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice

* 2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila

* 1 oz. Cointreau liqueur

* Cup of ice

* Optional: Splash of sparkling water

* Optional: Squeeze of lemon

Shake martini ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish. Throw the noodles in the trash and drink the martini.

Comments

Amanda said…
a nice subtle way that i like to indicate that people around me are making me crazy is this: you spin your finger around your temple, as though twisting long hair (doesn't matter that you don't have long hair), and then point your pointer finger repeatedly and exaggeratedly across your mouth, saying, "i curl my hair and brush my teeth." it's juvenile and funny to me every time, and because it's so silly sometimes you can actually get away with doing it to a person who would otherwise take offense when you make the "you're making me nuts!" motion. this is not my best bet, however, with callum, who only gets excited that we might be brushing our teeth.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff