Sunday night

After spending most of the day in lethargy, I'm completely out of gumption. Tiffany and Eric came down a couple hours ago and we've spent some time visiting, they did some laundry, and we're going out to eat to celebrate Tiff's 23rd birthday. I feel a little bit like I spent too much time on the Tilt-A-Whirl this afternoon and I know it isn't Irish-related because I felt fine until about 3 o'clock. It's gloomy, damp, and cold outside. Perfect March weather and perfect for sleeping or reading on the couch with a blanket.

Peter's coming home tomorrow for a few days. He just wants to eat and sleep, I think. Funny how kids plan their homecomings around food. I offered to take him out to lunch tomorrow but he said he's going to Massad's in Mankato. He likes the chicken shwarma sandwich. I've looked up the recipe but there's about 45 ingredients so I think I'll let the restaurant make it.

I started thinking about my garden this afternoon, after watching Paul trudge back and forth to the garden house with bags of something that look like dirt. His little structure looks precarious so I hope we don't get a big wind this month. (The 29th is the 10th anniversary of our tornado.) I pulled up a lot of bad plants last fall...English daisies that had taken over, false sunflowers, coneflowers that were leggy and ugly. So I have bare spots to fill in. Our yard is getting so shady I think I'll have to move hosta to the front garden. I don't like to grow vegetables, only herbs. Lots of basil and parsley.

Sunday nights. Ugh.

Comments

Jill said…
I've barely moved all day, so I will join your Sunday Night Ugh Club. At this time in the evening I realize how much I didn't do and should have done over the weekend.

Reading sounds good. Laundry folding first, though, dang it.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff