Wood chipper

We have another power implement in the neighborhood, a wood chipper that seems to have been running non-stop for several days. We're talking about a city lot here, not the back forty. How much wood could there be to chip up for God's sake? It's a scary sight watching someone chip wood, something too horrible to watch but you can't look away. Hey, I've seen Fargo. I really don't understand this compulsive yard work that some people do. But just in case it's your bag, here are directions for striping your lawn. I googled it just to see if there are patterns and there are. One of my other yard freak neighbors was fertilizing his grass today, pay no attention to the fact that we had ten inches of snow a week ago. Nothing like forcing the poor plants into early emergence. He'll start watering every night next week and then, let the mowing begin. We have to neglect our yard just to make up for the carbon footprint of these other cats. Ok, it's 8 o'clock and half dark and that damn thing is still running. I just want to voice my objections.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Uh oh....
I hate to admit it, but my dear husband was out fertilizing our lawn last week too. And he got the hoses out this past weekend, just to be "ready". You know what that means - he's going to be watering and then mowing in no time. I don't dare show him the website you found about striping the lawn. Talk about OCD.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff