goat names

I was the namer of another goat. I seem to have a knack for it and this time, suggested the name Moonshine Yarrow for a goat who needed a Y name. Yarrow is a plant that can become a troublesome weed in the garden. Probably the same with goats.

This is probably one of the most stressful weeks of the school year. We do curriculum writing and people are frazzled and it's enough to give you the screaming fantods. I can't believe it's only Wednesday.

I don't know why the weather men do this, but they have published, in the newspaper to be read tonight, a warning about tornadic activity tomorrow in our area. I believe that could dissipate in the next 12 hours so there isn't a reason to alarm people tonight. Really. Do I need to spend today worrying about that? I have enough weather issues. Miles: Stay home, keep the weather alert radio on, and keep your weather eye peeled, buddy.

Betty and I did our twenty minutes of exercise today. We tried to think of active hobbies we could pursue but we couldn't think of a one besides lawn golf and croquet. Regis wrote up a little weight lifting regime for us to do. He actually asked if we wanted something that required reclining on the floor. I gave him a sideways glare and said no, as I wanted to retain some hope of being vertical at the end.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Teresa,
Great name for the goat! Yarrow is the middle name of a good friend of mine from grad school. I thought Yarrow was a pretty flower, not a troublesome weed. Uh oh! Poor friend.

Miles appreciated your realistic perspective on the tornado warnings posted in the paper. We assumed that kind of crazy hype would have ended when Paul Douglas got the boot, but obviously not. Miles has his weather radio on, right next to the noise machine we use to lull him to sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff