thinking

I've been sitting here thinking about how knowing you have an audience changes the way you write. I put a counter on my blog (way down at the bottom) about the 1st of May and since then, I've had about 1800 readers. Of course, some of them were me. Smile. But I didn't drive it up that far, believe me. I just make lots of editorial changes after the fact. Back when this was just a personal rant, I didn't think about it much. It was just a place to write. Now that people mention once in a while that they read this or that, or I start telling a story and someone will say, "I read that on your blog," it's a little weird. It's like the internal censor. The monkey mind. The little guy that sits on your shoulder: Don't write about this. Don't say this about that. I've always been, let's say circumspect, but this feels different.

I heard someone on the radio the other day talking about how people in the midst of life troubles, air their dirty laundry in their blogs. God forbid. Some things you just don't talk about in public. But how do you talk about anything important in your life without being too personal?

I see that the two women who claim to have had intimate relations with a former president, are making their tawdry tales available on the internet for a buck 99 a pop. I would think the price would tell you something about the quality. Hell, you can't buy a comic book for that price. That is just too tacky. Of course, they claim they want to get the truth out there. Uh huh. I bet.

Comments

Jill said…
I'm caught up on your blog entries after a hiatus brought on by the busy weekend we had, too. Yours involved a lot of driving. I couldn't have done it.

Have you figured out how you'll sign your name using the string of degrees afterward? Work on it. I think it would be fun to use all of those letters as an affectation.

By the way, you look a lot like our parakeet #1, Perry, in your 8:00 a.m. photo. That's not good.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff