summer takes a turn

We've been waiting to hear from the insurance company and the MC about the surgery. I was nervous because we're getting close to the end of my summer but they called yesterday and have him scheduled for next Wednesday, the 30th. He'll be in the hospital at least through the weekend.

We're glad there's finally a scheduled date and it's going to be done, but it's the weekend of Jane's retirement party and I'm very disappointed that we can't go. We had reservations at the Sleep Inn in Mount Vernon, were going to drive down with Tom and Betty and the gift gazebo, we were bringing the table linens, old friends from my early teaching days in Cedar Rapids were going to be there, I had written a poem about our years of crazy friendship.

Of course, I've frittered away the last three weeks and now I'm going to have to get busy. Peter and I are going to Canby today to see mom and won't be back until tomorrow. No more posting today...

Comments

Jill said…
I'm glad Regis doesn't have to wait weeks for the surgery. Sorry you have to miss Jane's party...how about videotaping yourself reading the poem to her and burning it to a cd and sending it? I'll volunteer to be your cinematographer and include dramatic techniques.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff