long trip

Regis and his eldest son just left the driveway for a 1200 mile trip to Philadelphia. Howard, the elder Fritsch, passed away this morning so they're making their way east for the family gathering and the funeral. Howard had been in the care of hospice since the first part of the week so his passing wasn't a surprise, but still hard.

I'm sorry I couldn't go but a 1200 miles trip in the back seat of a two-door car is beyond my capabilities. They would have had to sedate me, put me out in LaCrosse, or let me out and stand back when we arrived. Plane tickets were 1400 dollars so that was out of the question.

So I'm on the own for a few days. I could do something constructive but I don't really see that happening.

I'm about half-way done with a book, a mystery that I want to know the ending of but I'm not interested enough in a page-at-a-time to keep reading. It's a chore. I'd like to skip a few pages but that doesn't work with a mystery. You can't put it together in the end.

Regis just called. Instead of driving straight through to Philadelphia, they're going to stop at his brother's house somewhere along the way. That's better. I wish I had thought to ask the name of the town. It might as well be the moon as far as I know. I'm not a great traveler.

Tom called a little bit ago with the information about the Lake Express ferry that crosses Lake Michigan. It's a cool idea but expensive and the idea of being in a vehicle full of cars as you cross a big body of water is kind of creepy to me. But hey, that could be just me. I know they do it all the time. I was going to put in the link to Lake Express but apparently blogspot is not doing links tonight.

More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff