weird stuff

I was on my way to Rochester yesterday and had the radio on some station, not sure which one. I heard an ad for a dentist that went like this:
Are you nervous about going to the dentist? I have a solution for you called SEDATION DENTISTRY. I give you a little pill and before you know it, your appointment is over.
What the hell. This sounds like something that used to be on Saturday Night Live. Like John Belushi's ads for Little Chocolate Donuts breakfast cereal. No offense meant to sedation dentists out there.

I made it to Rochester and back without incident. I really loathe driving... and riding, for that matter. After an hour, I am out of patience so it's too bad the drive takes 90 minutes. The last thirty minutes are a bear.

The appointments were interesting. The first one was with a psychiatrist and it wasn't at all like I imagined. She sat at a desk and I sat in a chair, just like a regular doctor. I don't know what I thought it would be like, Freud or something maybe. Both doctors, women, were very nice. I met with the dietitian again and I just love her. She is so interesting and engaging and funny. Onward and upward, she says.

There is some beeping noise going on here tonight. Like a garbage truck backing up for hours on end which does not seem possible. I may be forced to go outside and investigate. That gets irritating after awhile. The beeping noise and the neighborhood dogs who bark at it. Holy crap. What else.

I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning for the first time this year. It wasn't hard frost but it was frozen stuff. Hard to think of a whole winter of that stuff coming on us.

We should have gone for a bike ride tonight but instead I'm having a glass of red wine and a piece of Lindt dark chocolate (with orange peel and tiny almond slivers) on the porch. I think it was a good choice.

I stayed with Steve and Sherry last night in Rochester. They're the ones with the funny little dog, Pepsi the Jack Russell Terrorist. He has a foot fetish and likes to lick your toes. I don't mind but if they have fancy company, it might not be so popular. Sherry and I went to a liquor store and perused the wine. My favorite was a box with a picture of three monkeys and it was called Pinot Evil. I often buy wine because I like the label or the name. I must not be the only person in America to do that because there are some great labels and names.





This is the wine I bought. We liked it but I just read some reviews that said the nose is a little too fruity. Whatever; it's a great label. I can't remember if I was blogging a few years ago when Tom and I tried a 50 dollar bottle of pinot noir and a 10 dollar bottle of pinot noir. We decided that we did like the more expensive wine better but we would have to have jobs other than school teacher and mail carrier to be drinking expensive wine. Tough being middle class these days. When I have to go back to drinking Boone's Farm, I'm moving to New Zealand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've heard a similar sedation dentistry ad, Teresa, and I had the same reaction. Hey--how about combining sedation dentistry and drinking wine with interesting labels? Now there's sedation I could get used to.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff