ice candle success

The ice candle is going to be gorgeous! We're making the second one now. After dark, we'll light it up and I'll have Regis take a picture.

Great weekend. I watched the 1930 something version of A Christmas Carol yesterday then we watched Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas and had a Manhattan. That makes a perfect day right there.

Peter's trying to give me gray hair. He went Christmas shopping yesterday late afternoon and today he drove up to a Vikings game. I told him not to call me if he goes in the ditch. Call 911.

I was going to make meatloaf today but Jane called and mentioned chili so we have a big pot of that burbling on the stove.

We're going to the Mayo Clinic tomorrow and of course, I'm preparing like I'm going to Siberia: extra boots, blankets, mittens, hats, scarves, and buttered lefse. I have a feeling if a guy was going to spend an hour in a cold car, buttered lefse would be a great comfort.

The bird feeder is crowded today. It holds 8 birds tail-to-beak and it's always full with a few birds waiting in the tree. I think the word has gotten around that we serve good seed.

I finished The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. It was a wonderful book until the last chapter, then if it hadn't been so damn heavy I would have flung it against the wall. What a disappointment. So many plot lines not resolved and the world's bleakest and ugliest ending. I checked the reviews at Amazon and a lot of people agreed with me that the ending almost ruined the book. Ugh.

Yesterday before it got so bitterly cold, I forgot the dog outside for longer than he is usually out there. His coat and face were covered with snow. He looked like a yak in winter. We had to laugh at him before we let him back in...and then we thought about setting the timer when we let him out. How bad is that? He shook all the snow off in the living room and then ran around like a puppy...probably glad he hadn't frozen out there.

We're going to watch It's a Wonderful Life this afternoon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hate this weather. I don't care if I have spent every winter of my life except one here in the land of ice and snow, I'm sick of it. Sick of it, do you hear me?? Winter Solstice be damned!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff