inauguration menu

I saw the menu for the inauguration lunch and wish I could have been there. They served seafood stew in puff pastry, duck breast with cherry chutney, herb roasted pheasant with wild rice stuffing, molasses whipped sweet potatoes, winter vegetables, and a dessert they are calling “Cinnamon Apple Sponge Cake,” which is more like an apple charlotte made with brioche.

What??? Roasted winter vegetables? I think I myself moi' served that for a holiday dinner a while back and was severely ridiculed by my peasant family who asked where the mashed potatoes were. We didn't realize roasted winter vegetables would appear on the White House menu. I have no idea what an apple charlotte is but I copied it from an online article so that item came along.

I have to finish up here. I hauled my laptop back and forth to work for the last two days to do menu charts but never had time to open it up. So I haul it home today and forget the blasted cord. The battery on this clunker lasts about an hour.

Miles, the weather has been great here...a heat wave. Think about it. The temperature is almost fifty degrees warmer than it was last week. Almost time to put the snorkel parkas and mukluks away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff