interesting stuff happens to me

I was going to a meeting at the high school this afternoon and at the intersection of Washington and Grace, there was this young fellow with three huge bags, like suitcases. They had airline tags on them, he didn't have a hat or gloves on, and it looked like quite a load. So I figure this guy is safe and not a mugger or abducter. I rolled down the window and asked if he wanted a ride. He put his bags in the back seat and away we went. He was a Gustavus student so as he directed me to his dorm, he told me he had flown back to Mpls, fallen asleep at the airport, and didn't wake up when the police asked about his unattended bags. They took his bags to Lost and Found. He had to take the shuttle back to SP and his bags had to come later. His name was Trent. Nice kid. The lesson is this: Never take a nap in an airport. I suppose this is a Homeland Security issue.

My friend Tom bought new glasses with transition lenses. Yesterday his wife noticed one lens was dark and one was light. Tom supposed he had been sitting with one eye in the sun and one in the shade. When he went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for his wife, Linda said, "I see you lost a lens for your glasses." They had to backtrack to find the missing lens and finally Tom calls the hairdo place where he had gotten a cut. They found the lens right outside the door, unscathed.

I was talking about the icy conditions to a friend of mine. Nancy tells me that Gus and Larry got out of the truck the other day, Gus fell down on one side and Larry fell down on the other. They could see each other under the truck. I wish I could have seen that.

I think that's it for today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Gus and Larry event sounds like a Sven and Ole joke. I was waiting for da punch line, ya know. Pretty funny without one, too.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff