alex and ella

Regis and I went over to see Ella and Alex today. I asked if I could hold Alex and Ella said, "No, he's too heavy." She helped me hold the baby and shared my lap. She enjoyed the presents from Jill...especially the tiny purse! The two quarters that Popop found in her ears went in the purse. Alex is thriving and I got the whole baby experience in an hour...feeding, changing, burping.

Our neighbor, Paul, invited us over for the first barbecue of the season. How could we say no? He made a wonderful loin roast and twice baked potatoes. We got some funny looks from passers-by as there was still snow on the ground in some places but the sun felt good. Hard to believe that it was zero on Tuesday.

We love weekends. This is what we hope being retired is like...always Saturday.


Comments

Jill said…
Alex is most definitely Ella's brother, and not just because of the cute way she looks out for him. They look SSSOOOOO much alike! You've got some beautiful grandchildren, Regis and Teresa!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff