wicked shopping trip

And I don't mean that in a good way. I hate shopping. I had a list but it didn't work because I had too many places to go and not enough time. I had printed a baby registry for the Potts twins but in my blizzardy mental state, I couldn't find anything. (I finally did so the babies won't be presentless...). I wanted to buy shower presents for Alex and Elliot but had an idea not found at that store...so thinking ahead I bought gift bags and little cards and tissue. Then of course, I couldn't find what I wanted so the bags are kind of big for what I did find. Damn.

The clothes I had in my head for myself were not to be found on a rack anywhere. I decided I don't have a "look". I need a look. Need help with this. Help.

Right at the end of the work day, a woman from a copier company stopped by to see if she could "assess our copier needs". What the hell. She was a little creepy...a little too perfect like a pod person. (Really shiny choppers.) I was distracted by that and couldn't concentrate on our copier needs. I don't think it matters if we want a copier that staples and emails and scans, really. Our needs will be usurped by the budget. Besides we already have a scanner that we have never bothered to learn to use so this could mean that we don't really need one. She seemed to think this made us part of alien species. I told you she was a pod person.

A person like me should not be in charge of stuff like copiers which is what makes this funny...I'm not. She wanted my card and that makes her the first person in years who has asked for my card. I'm not even sure the phone number is current. Do people really use cards anymore?

I saw Patrick for a haircut this evening. He's my hair artist and I never tell him what to do. I have opinions about a lot of things but not hair. Except for the times he gives me a mirror, I never look at the back of my hair which might be painfully obvious to people who see it from behind. It's like my philosophy of house cleaning...the things you can't see can't hurt you, i.e. dust and cobwebs.

Now that I've revealed a variety of my personal flaws: not good at shopping, not good at clothes, not good at copiers, not good at hair design, not good at house cleaning, I'm going to bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad to read that you don't check the back of your hair when you get it cut, either. I used to go to a beautician (Now there's a word we don't way anymore! But a hair artist she wasn't!) who was dumbfounded that I didn't want to twirl around on the chair and look at my head from all angles.

Baby shopping is on my list of things to do, too. I have to find something for Tiffany's shower--I'd better check her list again!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad to read that you don't check the back of your hair when you get it cut, either. I used to go to a beautician (Now there's a word we don't way anymore! But a hair artist she wasn't!) who was dumbfounded that I didn't want to twirl around on the chair and look at my head from all angles.

Baby shopping is on my list of things to do, too. I have to find something for Tiffany's shower--I'd better check her list again!
Anonymous said…
Teresa, you are good at so many things. Reading good books, writing nice poems about your Mama, a wonderful cook, a good friend and a wonderful daughter. I remember after I started working and was having a talk with the little boys about being talented. I said I did not have any talents. David ( who was about 5 at the time) said, " you USED to make really good cookies". Maybe that is a talent and we forget about the good things we do.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff