Comfortably Numb

Teresa finally got to the room. About 20 people all crowded around hooking things up, poking, prodding, and generally pissing the old girl off. Then they hooked her up to the morphine drip. Suddenly she is seeing the world like in an entirely different way. I think that all those people are still annoying her, but she doesn't seem to care. The remainder of the day will no doubt be devoted to sleep and weird dreams.

Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.
I hear youre feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I cant explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Like far out man!
Joanne said…
Tell Teresa that if those people start getting to her and she needs me to come kick some medical butt for her, I've got her back. I have been waiting to unleash my new power on someone.

Glad it is over- let the healing begin!!
Jill said…
Thank the lord for morphine and distorted memory!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff