news in hospital land

Let's see. I went for a walk. I went to the bathroom twice. I sat in the chair twice. This is all documented on my white board report card. I make sure the nurses fill it in before they leave. Most of the time they give me smiley faces.

I had sugar free kool aid, sugar free jello, and chicken broth for lunch.

I hope Sherry smuggles in some cookies later. Just kidding.

Tiffany called and we visited for a while.

Did you know that when nurses get the air out of a hypodermic needle, they squirt the liquid on the floor? That seems odd.

My stomach is about the size of my thumb right now. Not much fits in there, even liquids. That's why the cookies would be a really bad idea.

Who'd a thought it could take 30 minutes to eat a half cup of jello.

Nobody seems to bus the dishes around here.

There is no such thing as too much information for nurses. They want to know about everything and usually they want to see everything. Really. This is why it would be a bad job for me.

Comments

mom said…
Happy you are up and about.
You are a tough Norwegian and that is why you are doing so well. Like Dad always said, "tougher than a boiled owl."
Steve called this morning. He sounds good. Sick of water and the whole flood scene.
I am going to have my neighbors for supper. Take good care of yourself.
Love you from Mom
Anonymous said…
Glad to see they did not remove your sense of humor! Here's to a speedy recovery.
Deb at school

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff