a pall of idiocy has descended

I had surgery on April 6th and since then, Regis claims a pall of idiocy has descended on our house. Neither of us can remember anything. He bought two bags of Easter candy at Walgreen's today and now can't remember where he put them. There aren't that many places in our house where we hide candy, believe me. Some other incidents:
  • We constantly walk into a room with a confused look and confess that we don't know what we came in there for. (worse than before)
  • I got lost in the grocery store the other day. I was in organic foods and Regis said he was going to fruit. He found me standing dazedly in meat, wondering where he was.
  • Regis asked me the other day what I thought of the book he had downloaded to the Kindle. I thought and thought...but couldn't come up with what the hell he was talking about. I had completely forgotten. I asked when he told me about it but he didn't remember.
  • We've been to the grocery store about once a day this week even though my menu is very limited. What can we be buying?
  • I have to ask what day it is. This will likely get better when I go back to work.
  • There have been other incidents, but....I can't remember.
  • I was distracted by something shiny on the internet and when I was closing up my browser, there was my half-finished blog post. Told ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff