ten cup holders

Regis and I are looking for a new car. We sort of like the VW, but we worry that one day the electronics will just flame out and we'll be left on the side of the road. We're looking at a Honda Fit which ranks really high in all the things that matter to men most of which are in consumer reports and do not include size. It comes in red and that's all I care about. One thing is very curious about this tiny car: it has ten cup holders. Ten cup holders. Ten people wouldn't fit in this car much less ten people with their drinks. I would be surprised if five people would fit in this car. Maybe that's why they call it the Fit...nobody fits. Hahahaha.

I advised Regis to not let me make any decisions about cars as I can't be trusted. As I said, I care about the color...and the radio a little. The other stuff not so much. It's a lot of money for something to just drive around in. Those necessities of life should be free: cars and toilet paper.

Here's an interesting newsflash. I checked our cell phone bill online today since it's due on the 9th and found, much to my chagrin and amazement that it was double and then some what it usually is. More investigation led me to the conclusion that Peter had committed what they call overages in text messages. I called Alltel to see if we could get unlimited text messages going back to the date of this apparent change in his love life. Don't tell him I said that as he would keel over of mortification.

That all makes a good story but the better one is, the customer service person asked me, did the owner of the 4864 number meant to sign up for Premier Text Messaging. I said I didn't know what that was. It's the one you always see on tv, she said. Hmmm. The plot thickens. I ask Regis and he flips a wig and calls Alltel. Here's where you have to pay attention.

Apparently, a THIRD PARTY VENDOR attached itself to his phone and allowed Alltel to charge him ten bucks a month for the last six months for some service he has never used and didn't even know he had. I pay the bill online and as long as it's in the ballpark, I don't examine it too closely. This seems like a real load of BS to me. Alltel has to know this company is doing this because Alltel generates the bill. What the hell. The CS person said yes, many people were upset about it. She refunded our 60 bucks but I'm writing to the Attorney General. I have experience with that sort of thing. Stories for another day.

Calling cell phone companies generally makes me weep and that's why I avoid it. They talk too fast like the old grifters. I don't like going into their stores either. The store gives me the willies.

So, there you have it. The end of another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff