having a chat with the brothers mayo



We had to be at Mayo at 6:40 this morning. We walked out the doors at the end of the day at 5:15. Regis might be complaining about it but I'm not: I got great care there and everyone is so nice. It's the price you pay. I've always admired the statues of the brothers Mayo so had Regis bring the camera and take a picture of me with them this afternoon. This was during the only five minutes of sunshine we had all day. It was like being in a giant cloud...misty, cold rain. We made a few stops...Cabella's, TJ Maxx, Barnes and Noble...all the old favorites.

My doctor (who is quite a character) was pleased with my progress and said I'm doing exactly what I should be doing and that's why I haven't had ill effects. Yay. I forgot to tell him that I have lost the equivalent of a two month old horse. He'd like that. I go back in October for more extensive blood work and to see him again. I might have to leave my driver at home for that trip as he got a tiny bit owly with the long waits.

So, there's the update and the photos to prove it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Teresa,
You look fantastic! I know how much work you have done and will continue to do. I admire your determination. As I sit here on the north shore, listening to the waves, and moaning over how much food I have eaten over the last several days, I am hoping for one-tenth of your will-power when I get back home!
Your old friend and neighbor-
Deb
Jill said…
I second Deb's admiration. You and the Drs. Mayo ALL look fantastic, but you beat them by a mile.

I was at TJ Maxx in Rochester yesterday, too--it would have been very weird if we'd run into each other! I was at my dad's for the day, then stopped in Rochester to see my friend Cindy. I was at TJ around 4:00. You were still with the Brothers at that time, but we could have been driving back home on Highway 14 at the same time...

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff